Whenever I write these posts, I try to answer several questions: What do I want to achieve next month? What do I need to work on? What steps will bring me closer to my goal?
Usually, the answers would be to STAY PRODUCTIVE! MOVE FORWARD! and everything with a similar vibe. But April will be slightly different. Of course, there are still books to read and blog posts to write; but my intention is to take is easy.
- Schedule rest days. March was a crazy month, I was able to do more than I’ve ever done, and now I’m feeling like a drained lemon. Obviously, I can’t take time off work or studying, and I love my blog and reading, so it’s difficult to stop and rest. But I need to have some days when I’m not reading the next ARC, or planning future blog posts, or writing reviews. Otherwise, a blogging or reading slump might turn up my door unannounced, and that’s not something I want!
- Leave fewer things for the weekend. This one will be DIFFICULT. Especially because I’ve tried this in March and failed. But I’m putting it here anyway because I need to free up my weekends a little bit if I’m going to accomplish the previous goal! 4 out of 5 working days I only come home around 9-10 p.m., so of course, I have no desire or energy to write anything, but it needs to be done.
- Write those reviews! It is going to happen! I will write all of the reviews I meant to write for so long, and clear my pending list.
- Keep up with Blog and Reading goals. At the moment I’m very pleased with how the past month went. I worked on my blog every weekend. Even though I would love to post more often, I don’t think it will be possible. So for now, I’m glad to stick to 3 consistent weekly posts!
- Read 10 books! I have to try this again. Maybe I will read even more! I know that my Goodreads Goal says 50 (but in my head, it’s always been 100!). And of course, I had to choose the busiest year to try to accomplish that.
- Participate in OWLs Read-a-Thon. This year I’ve decided to join in the fun of Harry Potter inspired year-long read-a-thon. If you haven’t already heard about it, make sure to check my OWLs TBR post!
- Read ARCs. I saw somewhere that April is also the month for ARC read-a-thon. I won’t be joining, but I definitely need to read some ARCs a.s.a.p. (so I can request more ARCs, of course!)
Let’s do this! What are you hoping to achieve in April? Share your goals in the comments below!