The fifth month of the year and my 5th set of goals! (Let’s pretend that I didn’t skip this post in February.) I don’t do well with monthly TBR, mostly because I never follow them, and feel forced to read certain books. But GOALS! They are so motivating!
I also love readings other’s monthly goals and see if I can steal some of them for myself 😀
May is probably one of my favorite months of the year. And to justify my May love, I’ve managed to compile a list of 10 things that May has over other months:
- My birthday!
- First warm evenings
- Bank holidays!
- May 4th be with you
- Mother’s Day
- Longer days
- It’s the National Smile Month in the UK; and
- It’s the last month of spring; and
- In many countries, the last month of the school year!
This is usually what happens when I begin to procrastinate. Random lists about random things. Now that we got that out of the way, let’s actually create a list of USEFUL stuff!
- Rejuvenate my Bookstagram page! It’s been over a year since I posted anything new on my Instagram feed. I still use stories quite a lot and watch a lot of stories too. But my feed completely died. This month I want to bring it back, but also get excited about taking bookish photos again, not just for Instagram but also for this blog.
- Don’t put too much pressure on myself. I tend to do this a lot. And even more during my birthday month. I can become such a perfectionist that anything that goes slightly wrong or different from what I expected, instantly makes me upset, even though I know how silly that is. So this month, I’m trying extra hard to not let those feelings ruin my overall excitement for May!
- Finish all pending tasks. This can be something work-related, book reviews, personal stuff or blog posts I’ve been meaning to write for months now. I hate when tasks start to accumulate, feeling buried under them with no way to escape. And the only solution to that is to actually get everything done!
- Plan some getaways. There are still three weekends left in May, and I don’t want to spend all of them working! It’s about time to break the routine and enjoy the first proper summer days.
- Get closer to finishing my GoodReads goal. As I’m writing this post I’ve read 30 out of my goal of 50 books. And I actually want to try to finish it by the end of June, which means that I need to apply myself a little bit more and dedicate more time to reading in May.
And the last one is to ENJOY THE SUNNY DAYS! Last Saturday I was able to get some reading and sunbathing done (only 20 minutes), and it felt amazing!