I am saying it here and now! THIS BOOK IS BY FAR ONE OF THE BEST I’VE EVER READ! OMG! (the excitement is real). I cried and I smiled, then I cried some more. By the end of the book, there were tears on my cheek, my nose was runny, eyes red and I wore silliest smile on my face (Why do you do this to me, Nicola Yoon??).
If you haven’t read this book yet. Buy it now! Get it somewhere! Steal if you really need to! (Stealing is bad and you should never do it!).
Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.
Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.
The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?
WHAT I LIKED:
- EVERYTHING? Like absolutely EVERYTHING?! EVERYTHING EVERYTHING?! (See what I did there?) Ok, ok! I’ll try to be objective.
- This was the first ever book I read by Nicola Yoon and I am so happy I did! («Everything Everything» is waiting for me to pick it up!) It was exciting, emotional, serious but light at the same time. Do you remember my obsession over Rainbow Rowell Books? I think I might have a new obsession now!
- The not so hidden IMPORTANT ISSUES like RACISM, IMMIGRATION, CULTURAL DIFFERENCES. It was a perfect way to introduce some of these concepts to teenagers, raise their awareness regarding what is happening around them (especially as we know, kids can be very cruel sometimes).
- The HEARTBREAKING ROMANCE. I read this book in one day, in two sittings and I wanted MORE! It was cute without being cheesy. It was romantic without making me cringe. It was unbelievably adorable!
- INTERESTING WRITING. Nicola Yoon gave us so much more than one main storyline. We learned about the science behind «love», the universe, about our eyes and the meaning of word «irie».
- DOES EVERYTHING HAPPEN FOR A REASON? Was it meant to be? Do you believe in fate? If you don’t, wait until you finish the book!
I would give it 100, no. 1000 stars if I could! Thank you Penguin Random House and NetGalley for giving me a copy of this book for review.
Have you read this book? What did you think? Do you love Nicola Yoon books? Let me know in the comments down below!